V2Works is expanding, and in order to support our growing team and services, we are seeking a full time seasoned Graphic Designer to join our team of Brandgineers.
This individual must be detail oriented, have expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, excellent time management skills, and the ability to work both individually and within a team setting. Our Graphic Designers must also be able to conceptualize, design and facilitate development of creative materials to carry projects from creative through completion.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to collaborate with like-minds in a positive work environment to do fulfilling work. At V2Works, our primary goal is to create long-lasting relationships with our clients, while using smart thinking and intelligent design, to connect our clients with their audiences to build brand loyalty. We’re a group of focused, down-to-earth creatives who love what we do, and that makes us great at what we do. We promote a team dynamic that values respect and professionalism for the people we work with, while having fun at the same time. Our agency setting allows us the benefit of open communication and collaboration where ideas and critiques are shared.
At V2Works, you will be working on a multitude of projects — large and small — for clients from multinational corporations, to innovative start-ups and everything in-between. We are looking for design thinkers, not just design doers.
- Must have the ability to see big picture goals and develop solutions that are not only well designed, but also effective for our clients and their customers.
- Create original, smart, well-designed, creative pieces of work, using Adobe Creative Suite to design, layout and produce high-end print and web collateral including concepts, photography, illustrations, and proofing.
- Develop comprehensive marketing solutions and campaigns to meet client goals and objectives.
- Present strong creative to internal teams as well as client(s) with clear, concise and intelligent delivery via phone, email and in person.
- Contribute to and produce a diverse mix of print and digital projects such as flyers, brochures, sales sheets, ads, catalogs, posters, trade show graphics, branding, logos, web banners, e-blast layouts, and more.
- Ongoing creation of comps, mock-ups, resizing, editing, revising rounds, and grammatical proofing of collateral.
- Keep consistent and accurate records of daily operations within our project management system including time worked, project status, and details pertaining to each project.
- Deliver compelling ideas and develop those ideas into tangible design solutions.
- Maintain electronic archives, filing system and image library of marketing materials.
- Communicate with Project Manager on a daily basis for scheduling and working on tight deadlines.
- This position reports to the Senior Art Director.
- Seasoned designer with minimum 5 years full-time experience (no college interns, no newbies).
- A strong, diverse, up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates beautiful & strategically creative solutions (must have an online portfolio to be considered).
- Team oriented individual who can also work well independently.
- Multi-Tasker with ability to respond quickly to multiple projects as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines for projects within budget.
- Complete assignments within quick deadlines and fast turn around times — all at optimum quality.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solver with attention to detail.
- Be 100% accountable for projects success.
- Advanced level of knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) on Mac OSX.
- Exptert in setting up files for both small and large format and preparation of print ready files with a strong understanding of the print production process.
- Expert eye for detail and consistency; no detail is too small or insignificant.
- Ability to visually communicate complicated concepts using graphics, diagrams and other visuals.
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, hierarchy, color theory and other design principles.
- A good understanding of branding and the ability to adhere to established brand guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, HTML & CSS.
- Photo shoot experience a plus.
- Advanced photo retouching and ability to create sleek vector illustrations.
- A pioneering spirit and positive, “can do” attitude.
- Obsessive attention to detail and getting the job done right.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person who leads by example.
- A great sense of humor.
- No ego — we follow the “no conflict rule” here at V2Works.
We like to think we’re no ordinary company, and believe we do top-notch work from just outside the city on the north shores of Lake Washington. In fact, our location is the secret sauce to a satisfying work-life balance, and is one of the most powerful assets we have. V2Works is more than a workplace, it’s a place where employees come first and reap the rewards of a balanced lifestyle. We go out of our way to make sure our team members can realize their potential by giving them a sense of belonging in a fun atmosphere, with a ton of outstanding perks and benefits, such as:
- MEHH . . . ( Month End Happy Hour) — Marks the last Friday of every month!
- Mid-Day Team Activity w/Lunch (Movies, Bowling, Mini-Golf, Whirly-Ball, Lazer-Tag, Go-Carts) — Done Quarterly.
- Semi-Annual Outings & Activities for Our Team and Their Families (past outings include kayaking, river rafting, golfing, hiking and more!)
- Relaxing Massage Day, includes Free On-site Full Body Massage from Our Company Masseuse
- Recognition Rewards and Annual Bonuses
- Foosball Tournaments with Daily Games and Our Own Set of Crazy Rules
- Casual Fridays with Team Lunch Outings
- Frequent Wacky Days & Friendly Contests (including pumpkin decorating, pajama party, cookie exchange, pickle day, pot lucks, crazy hair days, and more)
- Communal Candy Cache, Abundant Refreshments and handy Kitchen
- Annual Holiday Dinner of Appreciation (All Team Members + One)
- Steady 7:00 am to 4:00 pm work schedule to maintain a work/life balance with little to no overtime
- Perfect Setting for Nature and Fitness Aficionados; directly on the Burke-Gilman Trail
- Centrally Located Office with Easy Access to I-5 and I-405; on Public Transit Route
- Close to downtown Seattle without the traffic and high cost of living
- Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
- Amazing Wellness Package with full Health, Vision & Dental Benefits (very low co-pay & deductible)
- Paid Holidays and ample PTO to unwind and recharge
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a qualified candidate please email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and link to your digital portfolio (this is a must) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please.