V2Works is seeking a full time in-house Front-End Web Designer/UI Developer to join our successful 24-year-old creative agency in downtown Kenmore.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to collaborate with like-minds in a positive work environment to do fulfilling work. At V2Works, our primary goal is to create long-lasting relationships with our clients, while using smart thinking and intelligent design to connect our clients with their audiences to build brand loyalty. We’re a group of focused, down-to-earth creatives who love what we do, and that makes us great at what we do. We promote a team dynamic that values respect and professionalism for the people we work with, while having fun at the same time. Our agency setting allows us the benefit of open communication and collaboration where ideas and critiques are shared.
As the Front-End Web Designer/UI Developer, you’ll be responsible for all facets of design and development of websites, email blasts, banners, digital direct mail, micro-sites, in-bound marketing, social media, and more. The Front-End Web Designer/UI Developer must be a creative problem-solver to help connect the digital dots between project goals and creative. You must be a digital watch-dog with a deep understanding of communications planning in both traditional and digital marketing as well as web analytics. Experience in sourcing, sharing, and implementing platforms, products, and services is a must for our clients’ brands. You will be working on exciting projects, with our team of designers and independently, for clients ranging from large multinational corporations to innovative start-ups, and everything in-between.
If you are both a thinker and a doer, you’re a perfect fit for our team. In this position you must be able to see the big picture without losing focus on the details. You must be strategically minded with a deep love for tracking trends and discovering new ways to innovate digital development, an obsession for creativity, and a curious mind. You’ll work to provide technical and feasibility insights, strategic feedback, and inspired solutions for best-in-class digital, while supporting the team with media planning, analysis, and presentations, as well as implementing best practices. You must also be able to handle multiple client and internal projects simultaneously — all on schedule and within budget.
- ALL of the above, plus:
- Be the digital voice for V2works from a process perspective to promote usability best practices
- Deliverables include full websites, microsites, online advertising, email blasts, digital direct mail, in-bound and social media initiatives, mobile apps, and more
- Conceptualize and articulate innovative design approaches with solid user interface (UI) and online skills
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements, including troubleshooting day-to-day issues that arise in a fast-paced digital environment
- Write functional requirement and specification documents
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) and html files that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies to refine and document our processes
- Assist in the planning and bidding of new projects
- Develop scenario-based sketches, user flows, prototypes, wireframes, and mock-ups, with visual layout tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Collaborate with development and design teams to implement designs and interactions and ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience
- Slice, dice, retouch, and prepare digital assets for interactive deliverables such as full sites, landing pages, microsites, banners, and email campaigns
- Navigate online solutions from ‘test’ mode to ‘live’ activation
- Maintain high graphic and branding standards for internal and client campaigns, adhering to brand guidelines with rigorous attention to detail
- Participate in creative sessions internally and with clients
- Keep consistent and accurate records of daily operations within our project management system including time worked, project status, and details pertaining to each project
- Maintain electronic archives, filing system and image library of marketing materials
- Communicate with Project Manager on a daily basis for scheduling and working on tight deadlines
- 5+ years’ experience as a Front-End Web Designer/UI Developer
- Familiar with Mac and Windows OS is a must.
- Experience with WordPress (custom theme, shortcode, function, etc.)
- Strong UI/UX skill and understanding of usability
- Implementation of front-end frameworks: Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- Understanding of PHP to assist with minor edits and/or troubleshooting
- Familiar with the latest web design trends: responsive, parallax, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Excellent organization and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong ability to work corroboratively with a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Some experience with cross-browser, platform, and device manual/automation testing
- Knowledge of in-bound and social media marketing strategies and techniques
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, optimization and trends
- Experience with optimizing website performance
- Additional CMS experience: Magento, Drupal, Joomla
- Experience with Database: MySQL, MS SQL, etc.º
- Experience with web fonts and icon fonts
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Additional Adobe Creative Suite applications such as InDesign
We like to think we’re no ordinary company, and believe we do top-notch work from just outside the city on the north shores of Lake Washington. In fact, our location is the secret sauce to a satisfying work-life balance, and is one of the most powerful assets we have. V2Works is more than a workplace, it’s a place where employees come first and reap the rewards of a balanced lifestyle. We go out of our way to make sure our team members can realize their potential by giving them a sense of belonging in a fun atmosphere, with a ton of outstanding perks and benefits, such as:
- MEHH . . . (M*onth E*nd H*appy H*our) — Marks the last Friday of every month!
- Periodic Mid-Day Team Activity w/Lunch (Movies, Bowling, Mini-Golf, Whirly-Ball, Lazer-Tag, Go-Carts)
- Semi-Annual Outings & Activities for Our Team and Their Families (past outings include kayaking, river rafting, golfing, hiking, whale watching, and more!)
- Relaxing Massage Day, includes Free On-site Full Body Massage from Our Company Masseuse
- Recognition Rewards and Annual Bonuses
- Foosball Tournaments with Daily Games and Our Own Set of Crazy Rules
- Casual Thursdays with Team Lunch Outings
- Frequent Wacky Days & Friendly Contests (including pumpkin decorating, pajama party, cookie exchange, pickle day, pot lucks, crazy hair days, and more)
- Communal Candy Cache, Abundant Refreshments and handy Kitchen
- Annual Holiday Dinner of Appreciation (All Team Members + One)
- Steady 7:00 am to 4:00 pm work schedule to maintain a work/life balance with little to no overtime
- Perfect Setting for Nature and Fitness Aficionados; directly on the Burke-Gileman Trail
- Centrally Located Office with Easy Access to I-5 and I-405; on Public Transit Route
- Close to downtown Seattle without the traffic and high cost of living
- Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
- Amazing Wellness Package with full Health, Vision & Dental Benefits (very low co-pay & deductible)
- Paid Holidays and ample PTO to unwind and recharge
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a qualified candidate please email your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and link to your digital portfolio (this is a must) to: Careers@v2works.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.