V2Works is seeking a full time in-house Front-End Designer/Developer to join our successful 25-year-old creative agency in downtown Kenmore.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to collaborate with like-minds in a positive work environment to do fulfilling work. At V2Works, our primary goal is to create long-lasting relationships with our clients, while using smart thinking and intelligent design to connect our clients with their audiences to build brand loyalty. We’re a group of focused, down-to-earth creatives who love what we do, and that makes us great at what we do. We promote a team dynamic that values respect and professionalism for the people we work with, while having fun at the same time. Our agency setting allows us the benefit of open communication and collaboration where ideas and critiques are shared.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer with strong design experience to help us bridge the gap between design and development for our clients. This individual will work closely with our designers and directors to create beautiful solutions on web and mobile platforms with engaging experiences for our users. As the Front-End Designer/Developer, you’ll be responsible for all facets of design and development of websites, email blasts, banners, digital direct mail, micro-sites and more. You will be working on exciting projects, with our team of designers and independently, for clients ranging from large multinational corporations to innovative start-ups, and everything in-between.
If you are both a thinker and a doer, you’re a perfect fit for our team. In this position you must be able to see the big picture without losing focus on the details. You must be strategically minded, obsessed with creativity, and have a curious mind. You must also be able to handle multiple client and internal projects simultaneously — all on schedule and within budget.
- ALL of the above, plus:
- Be the digital voice for V2works from a process perspective to promote usability best practices
- Produce websites, email blasts, banners, digital direct mail, microsites and more
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) and html files that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies to refine and document our processes
- Assist in the planning and bidding of new projects
- Develop scenario-based sketches, user flows and wireframes
- Collaborate with development team to implement designs and interactions
- Maintain high graphic and branding standards for internal and client campaigns
- Participate in creative sessions internally and with clients
- Keep consistent and accurate records of daily operations within our project management system including time worked, project status, and details pertaining to each project
- Maintain electronic archives, filing system and image library of marketing materials
- Communicate with Project Manager on a daily basis for scheduling and working on tight deadlines
- 5+ years experience in Web Development with a strong visual design emphasis.
- Familiar with Mac and Windows OS is a must
- Experience with WordPress (custom theme, shortcode, function, etc.)
- Strong UI/UX skill and understanding of usability
- Implementation of front-end frameworks: Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
- Understanding of PHP to assist with minor edits and/or troubleshooting
- Familiar with the latest web design trends: responsive, parallax, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications: Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator for the purpose of turning pixel perfect mockups into robust and interactive web applications
- Excellent organization and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong ability to work corroboratively with a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Some experience with cross-browser, platform, and device manual/automation testing
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, optimization and trends
- Experience with optimizing website performance
- Understands cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Additional CMS experience: Magento, Drupal, Joomla
- Experience with Database: MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience with web fonts and icon fonts
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- HubSpot experience in template development and production
- Experience with motion and animation
- Additional Adobe Creative Suite applications such as InDesign
We like to think we’re no ordinary company, and believe we do top-notch work from just outside the city on the north shores of Lake Washington. In fact, our location is the secret sauce to a satisfying work-life balance, and is one of the most powerful assets we have. V2Works is more than a workplace, it’s a place where employees come first and reap the rewards of a balanced lifestyle. We go out of our way to make sure our team members can realize their potential by giving them a sense of belonging in a fun atmosphere, with a ton of outstanding perks and benefits, such as:
- Mid-Day Team Activity w/Lunch (Movies, Bowling, Mini-Golf, Whirly-Ball, Lazer-Tag, Go-Carts) — Done Quarterly.
- Semi-Annual Outings & Activities for Our Team and Their Families (past outings include kayaking, river rafting, golfing, hiking and more!)
- MEHH… (Month End Happy Hour) – Marks the last Friday of every month!
- Relaxing Massage Day, includes Free On-site Full Body Massage from Our Company Masseuse
- Recognition Rewards and Annual Bonuses
- Foosball Tournaments with Daily Games and Our Own Set of Crazy Rules
- Casual Fridays with Team Lunch Outings
- Frequent Wacky Days & Friendly Contests (including pumpkin decorating, pajama party, cookie exchange, pickle day, pot lucks, crazy hair days, and more)
- Communal Candy Cache, Abundant Refreshments and handy Kitchen
- Annual Holiday Dinner of Appreciation (All Team Members + One)
- Steady 7:00 am to 4:00 pm work schedule to maintain a work/life balance with little to no overtime
- Perfect Setting for Nature and Fitness Aficionados; directly on the Burke-Gileman Trail
- Centrally Located Office with Easy Access to I-5 and I-405; on Public Transit Route
- Close to downtown Seattle without the traffic and high cost of living
- Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
- Amazing Wellness Package with full Health, Vision & Dental Benefits (very low co-pay & deductible)
- Paid Holidays and ample PTO to unwind and recharge
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume, along with a cover letter, which includes at least 4 URLs of your work that best show your technical abilities, and your salary requirements to: Careers@v2works.com. No Phone Calls Please • LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY • Must be a US Citizen and able to work onsite.