V2Works is expanding, and in order to support our growing team and services, we are seeking a full time seasoned Senior Graphic Designer to join our team of Brandgineers.
This position requires a forward-thinking strategy-minded creative individual who is an avid listener, critical-thinker, and problem solver, with a desire to ensure consistent and effective brand messaging and for our clients. This individual must be detail oriented, have expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, excellent time management skills, and the ability to work both individually and within a team setting. Our Senior Graphic Designers must also be able to conceptualize, design, and facilitate development of strategies, campaigns, and related creative materials to carry branding/design projects from concept through completion.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to collaborate with like-minds in a positive work environment to do fulfilling work. At V2Works, our primary goal is to create long-lasting relationships with our clients, while using smart thinking and intelligent design, to connect our clients with their audiences to build brand loyalty. We’re a group of focused, down-to-earth creatives who love what we do, and that makes us great at what we do. We promote a team dynamic that values respect and professionalism for the people we work with, while having fun at the same time. Our agency setting allows us the benefit of open communication and collaboration where ideas and critiques are shared.
As part of the V2Works team, the Senior Graphic Designer will use a holistic approach to meet the needs of each marketing project/campaign, concentrating on research, design, and strategy to create and build successful brands. While all aspects of a Senior Graphic Designers job are important, the ability to efficiently translate many ideas and abstract concepts into a single strategic and successful campaign, carries the most weight. As such, the Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for providing a variety of calculated options to clients — fulfilling both the creative desires of V2Works and the professional desires of our client’s company — in order to achieve and maximize sales targets while maintaining very high standards.
You will be working on exciting projects, with our team of designers and independently, for clients ranging from large multinational corporations to innovative start-ups, and everything in-between. If you are both a thinker and a doer, you’re a perfect fit for our team, as you must be able to see the big picture without losing focus on the details. You must be strategically minded, obsessed with creativity, and have a curious mind. You must also be able to handle multiple client and internal projects simultaneously — all on schedule and within budget.
- Seasoned senior designer with minimum 5 years full-time experience with brand strategy, marketing, and communications (no college interns, no newbies).
- Proven brand experience with solid understanding of marketing, advertising, messaging, and design across all brand-building channels.
- Ability to explain and articulate your role in past projects to validate your experience when it comes to strategy, branding, marketing, with a portfolio to back it up.
- A strong, diverse, up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates beautiful & strategically creative solutions (must have an online portfolio to be considered).
- This role requires you to be both creative and analytical, with the ability to evaluate brand messaging and design effectiveness, modify campaigns or programs based on conclusions, and clearly articulate results to stakeholders of V2Works and its clients.
- Ability to dive deep into audience segments to evaluate human behavior and experiences to find meaningful insights and constantly improve branding initiatives.
- Expertise to craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and designs.
- Team oriented individual who can also work well independently.
- Multi-Tasker with ability to respond quickly to multiple projects as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines for projects within budget.
- Complete assignments within quick deadlines and fast turnaround times — all at optimum quality.
- Have effective communication and presentation skills.
- Problem solver with attention to detail.
- Be 100% accountable for projects success.
- Advanced level of knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) on Mac OSX.
- Expert in setting up files for both small and large format and preparation of print ready files with a strong understanding of the print production process.
- Expert eye for detail and consistency; no detail is too small or insignificant.
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, hierarchy, color theory and other design principles.
- Identify client/project needs to develop well-researched creative work, accompanied by well-crafted and effective pitches.
- Create strong concepts, articulating these through image and text as well as using media resources to produce brands/campaigns and solve communication issues.
- Brand development with design integration — apply research, critical thinking, discussion and critique to explore new directions in design projects.
- Design strategy — apply research strategies to define client needs and develop effective multi-media campaigns; refine and develop concepts to maximize the impact and effect of their communications.
- Organized production workflow and delivery — organize, process and evaluate information obtained from client and research to create a well-thought-out and well-executed multi-platform delivery plan(s); create professional-quality and well-designed deliverables based on research and exploration.
- Solution focused and enjoys providing new suggestions to improve workflow in an evolving environment.
- Manage copious amounts of images and content to produce strong concepts that help clients define and solve complex communication problems through new and/or relevant ideas and well-rounded design solutions.
- Work collaboratively with agency teams to elevate work and balance workload.
- Work with Senior Art Director/Project Manager and other design team in production for said materials.
- Effective copywriting and communications — exercise detailed and professional writing for advertising, corporate communications and presentations; apply the nuances of writing to branded collateral; writes copy/headlines/scripts as required.
- Work with Senior Art Director/Creative Director in selection of design elements, papers, vendors, models, freelancers, talent and other outside sources to fulfil production of each project.
- Ensure brand consistency and high design standards across all platforms to promote uniformity.
- Assist and execute brand development and refinement of uniform graphic standards and visual brand strategies.
- Leverage customer insight data to refine brand management.
- Coordinate and manage content and information sharing among internal departments and external customers and divisions.
- Proofreading for content including accurate spelling, grammar and style rules.
- Provide design and direction for collateral, web, product packaging, and other visual communications media.
- Provide production-ready and proofing of print files based on established and universally proven formats and routines.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies to refine and document our processes.
- Participate in creative sessions internally.
- Keep consistent and accurate records of daily operations within our project management system including time worked, project status, and details pertaining to each project.
- Maintain electronic archives, filing system and image library of marketing materials. Communicate with Project Manager on a daily basis for scheduling and working on tight deadlines to ensure timely, accurate completion of assigned projects.
- Inbound Marketing / Content Marketing experience (V2Works is a HubSpot Partner).
- Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, HTML, and CSS.
- Photo shoot experience a plus.
- Advanced photo retouching and ability to create sleek vector illustrations.
- A pioneering spirit and positive, “can do” attitude.
- Obsessive attention to detail and getting the job done right.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person who leads by example.
- A great sense of humor.
- No ego — we follow the “no conflict rule” here at V2Works.
We like to think we’re no ordinary company, and believe we do top-notch work from just outside the city on the north shores of Lake Washington. In fact, our location is the secret sauce to a satisfying work-life balance, and is one of the most powerful assets we have. V2Works is more than a workplace, it’s a place where employees come first and reap the rewards of a balanced lifestyle. We go out of our way to make sure our team members can realize their potential by giving them a sense of belonging in a fun atmosphere, with a ton of outstanding perks and benefits, such as:
- Mid-Day Team Activity w/Lunch (Movies, Bowling, Mini-Golf, Whirly-Ball, Lazer-Tag, Go-Carts)
- Semi-Annual Outings & Activities for Our Team and Their Families (past outings include kayaking, river rafting, golfing, hiking and more!)
- Relaxing Massage Day, includes Free On-site Full Body Massage from Our Company Masseuse
- Recognition Rewards and Annual Bonuses
- Foosball Tournaments with Daily Games and Our Own Set of Crazy Rules
- Rocket League – Group online computer soccer meets driving game. Battle-Cars!
- Casual Fridays with Team Lunch Outings
- Frequent Wacky Days & Friendly Contests (including pumpkin decorating, pajama party, cookie exchange, pickle day, pot lucks, crazy hair days, and more)
- Communal Candy Cache, Abundant Refreshments and Handy Kitchen
- Annual Holiday Dinner of Appreciation (All Team Members + One)
- Steady 7:00 am to 4:00 pm work schedule to maintain a work/life balance with little to no overtime
- Perfect Setting for Nature and Fitness Aficionados; directly on the Burke-Gilman Trail
- Centrally Located Office with Easy Access to I-5 and I-405; on Public Transit Route
- Close to Downtown Seattle without theTraffic and High Cost of Living
- Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
- Amazing Wellness Package with full Health, Vision & Dental Benefits (very low co-pay & deductible)
- Paid Holidays and Ample PTO to Unwind and Recharge
HOW TO APPLY:
This is your first test… If you are a qualified candidate, please 1) email your resume, 2) cover letter, 3) salary requirements, and 4) link to your digital portfolio (this is a must) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drop-ins please. Check out our website at: www.v2works.com. No Phone Calls Please • LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY • Must be a US Citizen and able to work onsite.